Saturday 22 June 2013

Slimming world in action

After joining slimming world, I found it really easy to get to grips with the programme - as much lean meat, fish and poultry as you like, teamed with loads of vegetables and some starchy goodness, such as potatoes, rice, chickpeas, pasta, whatever you like.

I'll be honest, I was dubious at first. No way could these evil carbohydrates be good for losing weight, every diet plan ever has said that, so it's unsurprising that I wasn't expecting much at my weigh in. 

How wrong I was!

4 lbs lost in my first week, but I'd eaten so much!! I'd even had some chocolate!  I discovered that, perhaps, slimming world may have been made for me. Even when I go all the way to my 15 syn limit, I still lose weight! Marvellous! 

That said, there have been times when my new eating plan has disagreed with my mentality and the odd binge has been indulged... Still, in the 4 months I've been on plan, I've only gained 6.5 lbs which has quickly shifted once I've refocused. Up to this point, I have lost over 10% of my body weight, losing 1 stone 11 lbs in total (25 lbs). It's been a slow journey, the weight loss was quick at first but has now slowed to about 1 lb a week, but you know what? Great! I want to take this slowly, I think I'll be more likely to stick to it and 1 lb a week is nothing to be sniffed at! 

With 1 stone 3 lbs (17lbs) still to go until I reach my target, I decided I really need to focus on some toning. Having achieved my bronze body magic award a few weeks ago I decided to step up the pace, which is when my friend recommended the 30 Day Shred. 

Oh. My. God. 

Jillion Michaels is both a saint and the devil personified! 

If you're interested in the programme, a day by day account will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment